Sunday, January 22, 2012

faux bois

Doesn't that sound so fancy? .... faux bois .... Kinda fun to say too!  Anyway, this is the faux bois rug I put in Isaac's room.   It's Martha Stewart for Home Decorators.


You can see a little bit of it in this view of the room.



I like that it's graphic but still subtle, and I think it will work well with any other pattern or color that I may bring into the room.  This diy faux bois painted chest of drawers at MarthaStewart.com has me inspired to try this technique on a little chest of mine that has been patiently waiting in my basement for some love.


Here are a few more faux bois products that have caught my eye ~

pillow from Z Gallerie
hurricane from Z Gallerie
planters from MarthaStewart.com
notebook from rockscissorpaper.com
Kate over at Centsational Girl has a great tutorial for some diy faux bois vases.  Looks quick and easy, check it out!

So, what do you think?  Are you a fan of the "false wood" look? 

Have a super day!
Tootles,




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs