Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Blowing the Dust Off the Ol' Blog

I decided to jump back into the blogging pond! Linda's One Room Challenge is just what I needed to get me motivated. The goal is to decorate one room from start to finish in six weeks. There is a group of talented design bloggers that will be featured in the challenge who will give weekly updates on their progress. The fun part is, we can play along too! The day after the updates, Linda will host a linky party where anyone who has taken the challenge can share their progress as well.








I've decided that I'll be tackling baby Teddie's nursery for this round. It's a very small room and a little bit of love will go a long way in there I think. I have lots of ideas and a few little projects in mind for this room and I can't wait to see how it all comes together. This is what the room looked like before we moved in 7 months ago.


There is a little window alcove and also two sets of built-in drawers. This doesn't leave many options for furniture placement. The crib will go where the bed is in the photo above. What I'll be focusing on is painting the room, including a fun color on the ceiling, window treatments, lighting, wall shelving, re-covering her rocking chair in some way, and also a fun wall treatment. Here is the direction I'm heading...

Teddie's nursery

I'm new at this mood/design board business so I hope you'll bear with me, but hopefully you can see what I'm getting at anyway.   I'm hoping it will feel light, airy and fluffy!

I can't wait to see what everyone else has in the works!

Tootles,

6 comments:

  1. I love this fresh modern look. I am excited to see how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry! Hopefully the vision I have in mind will translate well to real life. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. Hi Sarah, nice to meet you. I think your mood board is perfect and tells the story. What a sweet room for your little one. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda, thank you for stopping by! Also thanks for hosting the link party so we can play along. A set time frame is exactly what I needed to get motivated to start this project!

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see this this room come together! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs