Thursday, May 8, 2014

One Room Challenge :: Week 6



Today is the day!  It's finally time to share the finished product of the One Room Challenge!  I'd like to thank Linda from Calling it Home for lighting a fire under my behind with this challenge.  As much as I detest deadlines, it really did help motivate me to get Teddie's nursery finished and ready for her to enjoy.  And I have to say, it feels good to set a goal for myself and actually see it through to completion.  Since I'm not real big on small talk, let's just get to it!

Here is where we started~



And here it is now~





Painting all the trim and built-in drawers made such a difference.  I just went with an untinted bright white in a satin finish for the walls and woodwork, and then Benjamin Moore Pink Harmony in a matte finish for the ceiling.  I love the color.  I used that same paint on the changing table as well.



The shelves are from Home Depot.  Matt gets a big pat on the back for installing them for me!


 I'm glad to finally have a place to display some of Therese's pretty things.  The portraits were done by Annette Barr Photography.


The Himmeli heart is a diy that I made out of paper straws.  You can get the tutorial here.  Prepare for your brain to hurt...but you can do it!


The "Create what you want to see in the world" print is from Baby Jives.


The bunny art is a diy that I'll share soon.  I just love this little guy or gal.  We should probably give him or her a name soon.



 The embroidered birth announcement art was made by my Aunt and the cuckoo clock was an estate sale find.


The crib has been used for all four children.  I'd say we got our money's worth on that one! The garland over the bed was another diy.  I just cut letters out of glittered card stock and strung it on some yarn.  The Baby Jives mobile actually inspired me to use the phrase "Grace Like Rain" from one of my favorite songs by Todd Agnew for the garland.


Raining bits of love and grace over my baby girl~



 Crib sheet is by Candy Kirby Designs and the skirt, changing pad cover and throw pillow are from Etsy a few years ago.  I'm sorry I don't remember the name of the shop.  The chandelier is vintage from an estate sale.  We've already bumped our heads on it a few times so I'm not sure if it will get to stay or not.  (Sad face)



The pouf is from Amazon and the rug is from Rugs USA, both were gifts from my parents.


The curtains were a semi-diy.  I used some tab-top curtains we weren't using from our old house, but cut the tabs off and added ring clips to the back.  Then I added ball fringe from Hobby Lobby.



 Like I mentioned earlier, the changing table was painted the same color as the ceiling.


 I added some baskets from target and gave them a little bit of white spray paint and black yarn poms for fun.


And here is the before and after again~
 



Thank you SO much for stopping by and be sure to check out my fellow linking participants here!  I can't wait to see what everyone has done!

Tootles,

I'm linking up to some of these great blogs!

30 comments:

  1. Sarah! What a sweet room! It's perfect for your precious little one!

    Blessings,
    Krista
    www.goodwillglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy transformation! What an absolutely adorable nursery - perfect for that precious baby girl.. Congrats on an amazing job!

    http://www.thegreenroominteriors.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this adorable nursery! What a great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet room!! Perfect for that sweet little one!! I love it all! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely room for a beautiful baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet and pretty space! Perfect for a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where to even start? What a cute nursery!!! Love the chandy, the shelves, the cuckoo clock and that sweet baby!!! Boy is she going to love growing up in that space. So, so good! :)
    Tricia // Suburban Bitches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia! I had so much fun putting it all together.

      Delete
  8. I love it! Painting the built in's made a huge difference. What a fun space for that sweet little one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah...that is a precious nursery! You did a great job lightening it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry. I appreciate you stopping by, your blog is one of my daily reads and I always leave with a smile on my face :) I must confess that I sometimes scroll to the end first just to see how you'll sign off! Love your sense of humor!

      Delete
  10. Wow, Sarah! I love your attention to detail, and that pink ceiling is so pretty! Love all your artwork and the chandelier is fabulous!! She is so ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I'm really happy with the pink and I'm determined to make the chandelier work even though it may be slightly hazardous to my taller husband ;) (low ceilings)

      Delete
  11. What a lovely space, done with so much love. Your daughter is a lucky girl. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a change!! it looks lovely, and how sweet the baby is ;-) I'm sure she will love growing into this pretty room.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable room, and even more adorable baby! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is the sweetest little room and I want to squeeze your baby. I totally want to revamp my cuckoo clock now. Enjoy every minute of that sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww what a sweet little nursery! I love all the little personal touches. It's the perfect room to grow up in :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet nursery for a precious baby girl! I love this transformation!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks so wonderful--serene and pretty! Gorgeous. Painting the built-ins was totally the right call.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sarah, what a great room for your sweet baby girl & number 4 no less! I love all the details and the personal touches from you and your other family members in her room is so special! I have to say designing a nursery and kids room has been my favorite! My little girls are 18 months apart and had enough time to make their rooms perfect upon moving into our new home & 4 weeks before giving birth to my second daughter. Hence the need for me to finish our master in ORC! Cheers on a job well done! It's been a pleasure participating in ORC with you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this sweet nursery for your little darling! You made a huge difference painting the built ins. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet room! I love the curtains and clock! All if it looks great together

    ReplyDelete
  21. so pretty! i love the ceiling and all the feminine touches!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm also getting ready to do a nursery and your space is inspiring Sarah!!!!! Love all the whimsy and love that this room would be easy to 'grow up' with her! She's a darling and your made the perfect nursery for her, CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, sweet baby. What a beautiful and calming transformation. I love those built-ins painted white. This is a great room that can grow with her. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Okay, I finally get to check out everyone's spaces now that my room is finally done and up. :) Wow, How gorgeous...the room and your little lady!! Congrats on such a beautiful room. Love all the white and adore the pink ceiling! Love the chandy too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm personally a big fan of pickedbyjane blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs